The PDG team will increase the support and capacity for family, friend, and neighbor caregivers, family child care providers, and home-visiting providers to provide quality care for underserved populations, particularly infants and toddlers and low-income children and families living in rural and isolated communities and/or experiencing trauma stemming from homelessness, disasters, or other sources.
Activities will include:
- building capacity of local Quality Counts California consortia to assist caregivers and providers
- improving early learning and care (ELC) workforce capacity to serve
- children with or at-risk for developmental delays,
- children with challenging behaviors, and
- those who have experienced trauma
- aligning quality standards across ELC programs and settings, and
- expanding state and tribal partnerships to support high-quality ELC services for tribal families and their children.